We collect items pertaining to Canada’s vast military heritage from the War of 1812 to current conflicts with a preference on local regiments.
These items can include but not limited to military uniforms, medals, photos, documents, clothing and textiles, equipment, vehicles, helmets, and more.
Things We Consider When Reviewing a Donation
- Condition (deterioration, mold, wear-and-tear)
- Documentation (stories, provenance, history, and context about those who used the object)
- Relevance (how the object or archives will fit within our collection)
Examples of Items We Would Be Interested to Receive
- Records, photographs, and uniforms of women who served in the military
- Military medals
- Military uniforms, helmets, boots, caps, belts, etc.
- Records and photographs of those that served with a preference but not limited to local men and women
- WWI Death Pennies with preference on local men
- Honor Rolls that were hung in churches, schools, community centres
- Military equipment such as tents, goggles, tactical vests, first aid field kits, mess kits, body armour, gas masks etc.